Q: I would like to sell my Italian property. How should I proceed? Do I need to come to Italy?
A: You do not need to be present in Italy. Our law firm can assist you in completing all formalities with no need for you to travel to Italy. All documents and information can be exchanged via email or courier. Our law firm habitually represents clients who are not present in Italy and our Italian lawyers are experienced in assisting foreign investors both buying and selling Italian properties nationwide.
We would be glad to schedule a telephone conversation with you in order to define your case circumstances, a customized aproach to address your specific situation, the related legal services, the involved costs and the timing.
Please find below standard activities we would carry out under typical circumstances on a property sale matter:
1) Assess Italian property details, including searching an Italian property through cross references, as necessary;
2) Identify the Italian property rights and obligations on the basis of the title and/or inheritance transfers;
3) Obtain a certified report by an Italian surveyor assessing planning regulations and restrictions, property market value, possible issues to be addressed prior to the sale or to be disclosed to the buyer under the law as well as any other information under the domain of an Italian property surveyor;
4) Liaise with Italian real estate agents to market the property;
5) Once a buyer is found, draft Power of Attorney document (PoA) for you and possible co-owners to be represented on completion and close the deal with no need to travel to Italy;
6) Liaise with the buyer and a local notary public to take care of all the formalities to officially close the deal and transfer the ownership to the buyer; under the most common practice the buyer pays full notary costs and transfer taxes;
7) Carry out all formalities needed to cut all legal issues related to the properties under Italian national and local regulations, including with respect to income tax, garbage tax, municipal tax, capital gain tax, police notice under terrorism regulations etc., as necessary.
Our experience allows us to offer a complete service for a competitive price. Should you confirm our services, our philosophy would be to interact with you directly to address all your requests and concerns in a timely way. Our Italian lawyers would assist you through the entire sale process, from the beginning up through completion. We strive to give our clients a smooth transaction at the lowest cost possible.
Should you like to contact our Italian lawyers, please click here.