Q Question: I am subject to taxes in Italy and my home country because of my Italian property. Is there the possibility to compensate the two taxations?

A Answer: The typical answer to this question would be yes. Italy has signed treaties against the double taxation with most countries in the world. According to said treaties, when an income is subject to taxation in two countries, typically the taxpayer is expected to pay the highest amount applicable, to be distributed between the two countries as per the applicable treaty. It is necessary to check the nature of the tax and the applicable treaty for more accurate information.

Should you like to contact our Italian lawyers, please click here.

Related information:


*The information presented in the Studio Legale Metta web site has been written and reviewed by Italian lawyers. However, it should not be construed to be legal advice, nor promotion of the establishment of a relationship between lawyer and client. The case studies and answers contained in this web site pertain to the specific situation referenced and should not be understood to generally apply to other circumstances. Persons accessing this web site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice concerning their individual needs for legal assistance.

Copyright of Studio Legale Metta – Bari (Italy).

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Share this article

© 2015-2019 Studio Legale Metta | P.IVA 00838600724 Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 57 - 70122 BARI - Italy Tel +39.080.5211125
Fax +39.080.62031151 | PRIVACY POLICY


Studio Legale Metta