Q Question: Income tax purchased a property. I am going to use it personally as a holiday home and occasionally giving it for short terms for free to friends and relatives. Shall I pay income taxes on it?


A Answer: If you own an Italian property you are likely subject to Italian income tax, no matter if you rent it or not. The Italian individual Income tax is known as IRPEF, “Imposta sui Redditi delle Persone Fisiche. It is a national tax due annually paid twice per year to the Italian State. It is is paid on several kinds of income, e.g., work, property, capital gains. Most Italian residents and certain non Italian residents must pay it. Each category of taxpayer such as employee, self employed, etc., uses a specific form, which can be downloaded online from the Italian Finance Ministry “Ministero della Finanza” web site at http://www.finanze.it.


*The information presented in the Studio Legale Metta web site has been written and reviewed by Italian lawyers. However, it should not be construed to be legal advice, nor promotion of the establishment of a relationship between lawyer and client. The case studies and answers contained in this web site pertain to the specific situation referenced and should not be understood to generally apply to other circumstances. Persons accessing this web site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice concerning their individual needs for legal assistance.

Copyright of Studio Legale Metta – Bari (Italy).

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Share this article

© 2015-2019 Studio Legale Metta | P.IVA 00838600724 Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 57 - 70122 BARI - Italy Tel +39.080.5211125
Fax +39.080.62031151 | PRIVACY POLICY


Studio Legale Metta