Italian inheritance formalities

Q Question: I am the beneficiary of an Italian property left by my late British brotherI live in the UK. I would like to know what is the Italian inheritance process to transfer the property into my name.

A Answer: You shall complete and file an Italian inheritance claim, aka Italian Estate Return, or declaration of succession  (“dichiarazione di successione”), to record the property transfer into your name.

The inheritance claim can be filed online through the website of the Italian Revenue Office “Agenzia delle Entrate”.


The information presented in the Studio Legale Metta web site has been written and reviewed by Italian lawyers. However, it should not be construed to be legal advice, nor promotion of the establishment of a relationship between lawyer and client. The case studies and answers contained in this web site pertain to the specific situation referenced and should not be understood to generally apply to other circumstances. Persons accessing this web site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice concerning their individual needs for legal assistance.

Copyright of Studio Legale Metta – Bari (Italy).

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Share this article

© 2015-2019 Studio Legale Metta | P.IVA 00838600724 Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 57 - 70122 BARI - Italy Tel +39.080.5211125
Fax +39.080.62031151 | PRIVACY POLICY


Studio Legale Metta